List:       serdev
Subject:    Re: [sr-dev] Load capacity of SER??
From:       Henning Westerholt <henning.westerholt () 1und1 ! de>
Date:       2011-05-31 9:15:19

On Tuesday 31 May 2011, Piyush.Bansal@relianceada.com wrote:
>         I'm using SER as a SIP proxy server for quite a long time. I'm not
> been able to find its load bearing capacity. If you can help me get a
> figure in terms of BHCA, that'll be quite helpful.

Hi Bansal,

Jan Janak just published some research about the performance of
the version 3.0 - it contains some numbers:

http://www.kamailio.org/w/2011/05/green-voip-energy-efficiency-and-performaces-of-v3-0/
http://janakj.org/papers/green_voip.pdf

With regards to an exact BHCA number, this depends a lot on your configuration
complexity, your database setup, logging and DNS speed etc..

In my experience usually Kamailio/ SER is not the bottleneck, normally you've
bigger issues (in certain overload situations) getting the calls to the PSTN network
through your gateways.

Best regards,

Henning