List:       sentry
Subject:    [Abacus] hostsentry problems on IRIX
From:       Jan-Frode Myklebust <janfrode () parallab ! uib ! no>
Date:       2000-08-29 11:32:34

Hi,

I'm trying (and have been for quite some time now) to have hostsentry work
on IRIX 6.5, but something seems to get corrupted after a while. First it
works fine for a few logins, and then it dies with the message:

adminalert: Error reading/writing to USER database during login processing.

After this message has appared once, it happens again and again everytime I
restart it and logs in until I delete the hostsentry db files. It looks
like it's the 'db.store(userObj)' that's failing.

I'm getting the same error with both python 1.5 and 1.6b1, both compiled
with syslog and dbm (not GNU dbm).

Anybody got any idea why this is happening?

  -jf