List:       sentry
Subject:    Re: [Abacus] auto-shutdown on FBSD
From:       Brent Kearney <brent () kearneys ! ca>
Date:       2000-08-23 19:20:54

On Wed, Aug 23, 2000 at 11:23:52AM -0500, Craig H. Rowland wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 23, 2000 at 10:28:39AM -0500, Craig H. Rowland wrote:
> > > The stealth modes don't work on any other platform right now besides
> > > Linux.
> >
> > Why not?
>
> So the short answer is: PortSentry should move to libpcap and this is
> planned. A lot of people ask for cross-platform support of the stealth
> modes. I'll take a serious look into the issue tonight and try to estimate
> when the changes can be made so the we can move forward quickly. There are
> a number of other changes that need to be made too that people have been
> asking for.

In the mean time, it would be very helpful if you warned everyone
before they went ahead and installed it.  A more informative message
when portsentry does an auto-shutdown would be good as well.

-Brent

Brent Kearney
brent@kearneys.ca

"We live in a world in which politics has replaced philosophy."

--Martin L. Gross