List:       sentry
Subject:    [Abacus] PortSentry 0.99 Update Released
From:       "Craig H. Rowland" <crowland () psionic ! com>
Date:       1999-08-04 5:18:00

Hello,

PortSentry 0.99 has been released.

Fixes:

- Race condition reported by Reuven Gevaryahu <gevaryah@netaxs.com> has
been fixed. A situation can occur where if you decide not to block on a
particular mode (UDP/TCP) and the attacker does a scan for this protocol
first then when they scan for the protocol you *do* want to block the
program would think it already blocked them and ignore the request.
Although the program reports the connection and ignores it, it is still
broken badly and the new fix writes blocked files out separately for each
daemon instance which solves this problem.

- I have finally cleaned up the packet reading functions so they are more
robust. In particular I'll now report on IP options being present. This
has been a long time coming and I apologize for this time delay.

- Fixed the problems with .ignore files not .ignoring hosts.

Where to get it:

Home Page

http://www.psionic.com/abacus/portsentry

Source:

http://www.psionic.com/tools/portsentry-0.99.tar.gz

PGP Sig:

http://www.psionic.com/tools/portsentry-0.99.tar.gz.asc

This is the last version before 1.00 (I hope). I encourage everyone to
upgrade and use this version. As always, thanks for using the tool and
please write if you have any questions or bug reports.

Thanks,

-- Craig