List:       sentry
Subject:    Re: [Sentry] Repeating messages in syslog
From:       "Clemens Fischer" <ino-waiting () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-09-25 19:03:25

"Hiscott,Gregory J" <ghiscott@mwdh2o.com> writes:

> I keep getting log messages that the previous message was repeated N times
> in my logcheck reports.  If I stop the portsentry and restart it - the
> messages
> go away for a while.  Does anybody else recognize this behavior?

yep.  happens all the time, with or without portsentry.  this is
propably standard on your system.  but with the information you gave
us we can very precisely tell you what happens, fortunately:

  You keep getting log messages that the previous message was repeated
  N times in your logcheck reports.  If you stop the portsentry and
  restart it - the messages go away for a while.

clemens