List:       sendmail
Subject:    Re: send mail name qualification
From:       "G. Roderick Singleton" <gsingleton () home ! com>
Date:       2000-07-31 17:48:10

RobinRG wrote:

> Thanks again Claus.
> As this is a SCO box I found the O/S specific info relating to the service
> switch option.
> Their solution is:
>
> "Edit /usr/lib/sendmail.cf and add the following entry immediately after the
> OPTIONS heading:
>                #Service.Switch to add hostresorder local bind functionality
>                O ServiceSwitchFile=/etc/service.switch
> 3. Now create a file called service.switch in the /etc directory. Add one
> line that reads:
>                hosts files dns
> The permissions and owner/group on /etc/service.switch are:
>                chown bin:bin /etc/service.switch
>                chmod 644 /etc/service.switch
> "
>
> It seemed precisely what I was looking for but, having restarted sendmail, I
> have no change in functionality - I still cannot send to a local host.
>
> Dare I ask?  Any more ideas?

Please take a look in your logs now that you've made the change.
Chances are that the log records will tell you what you want to
know.

If this doesn't work for you, post an example from your maillog
for analysis.
G. Roderick Singleton, <gsingleton@home.com> PATH tech,
71 Underhill Drive, Unit 159, Toronto, ON  M3A 2J8
Voice : 416-452-4583 Fax: 416-452-0036 Toll Free: 1-888-354-PATH

*** Notice To Bulk Emailers: Attention!  Pursuant to US Code, Title 47,
Chapter 5, Subchapter II, 227, any & all unsolicited commercial e-mail
sent to this address is subject to a download and archival fee in the
amount of the $1500 US and copies will be forwarded to domain
administrators.  Emailing denotes acceptance of said terms!