List:       sendmail
Subject:    Collecting e-mail information.
From:       Ivan Martynov <imart () diamond ! stup ! ac ! ru>
Date:       2000-07-31 16:28:19

I have a corporate e-mail server on sendmail. I want to create a
program to collect statistics on e-mail activity. In details: I want to
record all connections to server from outer servers, all e-mails that
were sent to it (I'm interested in server address and e-mail header , e-
mail size ). I know that sendmail collects the similar information in
log files, but I'd like to get that info directly from sendmail and as
soon as possible (I mean as soon as e-mail just had arrived) as I plan
program to be real-time program.
Any ideas how to do that not using log-files?

Thanks,
Ivan Martynov.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.