List:       sendmail
Subject:    LDAP_routing could be a tad bit offtopic
From:       "David H." <spamtrap () uptime ! at>
Date:       2004-10-28 13:04:41

Hello.

I am trying to realise ldaprouting. First of all, I would like to ask
whether an assumption I made is true. I did not really find any
reference to it in the documentation.

Basically I am trying to work around a huge virtusertable or alias table
where we simple put entries such as:

david:		dh
blah:		xf

What I am currently trying to do is the following.

Create an LDAP entry for dh (which is a virtual user so to speak) that
gets his mail delivered to david@frosted.net (which is a real account).

To realise that I have tried to add the following to my ldap tree (and I
am no expert here)

# SERVICES, frosted.net
dn: ou=SERVICES,dc=frosted,dc=net
ou: SERVICES
objectClass: top
objectClass: organizationalUnit
objectClass: domainRelatedObject
associatedDomain: frosted.net

# MAIL, SERVICES, frosted.net
dn: ou=MAIL,ou=SERVICES,dc=frosted,dc=net
ou: MAIL
objectClass: top
objectClass: organizationalUnit
objectClass: domainRelatedObject
associatedDomain: frosted.net

# mailroutes, MAIL, SERVICES, frosted.net
dn: ou=mailroutes,ou=MAIL,ou=SERVICES,dc=frosted,dc=net
ou: mailroutes
objectClass: top
objectClass: organizationalUnit
objectClass: domainRelatedObject
associatedDomain: frosted.net

# dh, mailroutes, MAIL, SERVICES, frosted.net
dn: uid=dh,ou=mailroutes,ou=MAIL,ou=SERVICES,dc=frosted,dc=net
uid: dh
objectClass: inetLocalMailRecipient
objectClass: account
mailLocalAddress: dh@frosted.net
mailRoutingAddress: david@frosted.net

I thought that this would do the following:

sendmail looks up the route for "dh@frosted.net" it is then told to
deliver that to "david@frosted.net". Sendmail knows from local-domains
that frosted.net is local and simply delivers the mail via Cyrus.

Since I have currently no idea about ldap filters (waiting for the book
to arrive), I have no idea how my changed LDAP structure affects the
default filters.

I have the following set

define(`confLDAP_DEFAULT_SPEC', `-h localhost -b
"ou=MAIL,ou=SERVICES,dc=frosted,dc=net" -M simple')dnl
as well as
LDAPROUTE_DOMAIN(`frosted.net')
LDAPROUTE_EQUIVALENT(`dragon.frosted.net')

For the FEATURE itself I am trying something like

FEATURE(`ldap_routing',`' ,`' , `passthru', `strip')

I am leaving those empty between the , , because I am not sure how to
tell the engine to use the defaults.

I hope that I am not being too convoluted. I am trying to learn from the
documentation as I go, so if you have any direction you could point me
at, that would be appreciated (especially about ldap filters until my
book arrives).

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this.