List:       sendmail
Subject:    Re: SMTP AUTHENTICATION
From:       "Perry Merritt" <perry () merrittclan ! com>
Date:       2003-01-16 23:45:38

I'm only a fraction of a second older than you, but I'm working on the same
issue. I  installed the cyrus-sasl rpm and created a /etc/sasldb file using
saslpasswd. I'm just trying to get one of my users to test it.

I set LogLevel=13 and originally saw in the /var/log/maillog that the
/etc/sasldb file didn't exist when I started
sendmail. I created the file for a few of my users and the error went away.

Sorry I can't be more definitive, but it's as far as I've gotten. ;-)

Good luck.