List:       sendmail
Subject:    Re: Feeding two MX at once
From:       Andrzej Filip <anfi () box43 ! pl>
Date:       2002-12-30 21:10:00

Blizbor wrote:

> I have sendmail 8.11 installed at my mail gateway.
> Up to now it was only receiving from world and
> sending to another one sendmail server defined
> in the mailertable.
>
> Now I have put second one mailserver (as failover)
> and there is a requirement to send each received
> message twice. One for new mailserver and a copy
> to an old mailserver.
>
> Is there any other way to do this than writing
> a milter module ?

It can be done without milter.
* you can turn on aliasing for any mailer (including relay mailer)
* you can use "chain" of alias maps/databases. You can use regex map in
the chain.

IMHO opinion the best way is to create "per user aliases". It will spare
your internal server needles task of generating bounces for messages
(spam) sent to non existing addresses.

--
Andrzej [pl>en: Andrew] Adam Filip http://www.polbox.com/a/anfi/
*Random epigram* :