List:       sendmail
Subject:    Re: Aliases
From:       Claus =?iso-8859-1?Q?A=DFmann?= <ca+sendmail () mine ! informatik ! uni-kiel ! de (-no-co
Date:       2002-09-28 4:41:12

Joe Jackson wrote:

> > http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/protected.html

> Yet I believe the information found in the above link would apply to the
> case that external users are trying to send. What happens in the case even
> some local users shouldn't be allowed to send? And by the way, even if there
> is a way to somehow "hide" the address or masquerade it with something else
> will do in my case. Any ideas?

You can modify the rules to reject/allow whatever addresses you like.

Nevertheless, it's must easier to have a "private" alias in some file
that is specific to the user who is supposed to use it. Then you
don't need to protect it, since it isn't a "system" alias.

--
If you feel the urgent wish to send me a courtesy copy of a Usenet
posting, then make sure it's recognizable as such!