List:       sems
Subject:    Re: [Sems] SEMS & VoiceXML
From:       Victor Gamov <vit () lipetsk ! ru>
Date:       2009-06-29 19:55:33

On 22.06.2009 21:05, Stefan Sayer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> o Victor Gamov [06/16/09 13:15]:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I'm not familar with SEMS core but if I understand correctly it's
>> really possible write VoiceXML interpreter (as module or as core
>> part). SEMS has signaling part and allow get DTMF and speech so all
>> necessary parts are exists.
>>
>> VoiceXML can simplify writing applications like voicemail and other.
>>
>> Any comments?
>
> Considering that VoiceXML is an industry standard and IMS or IMS-like
> networks seem to be really coming, I have sometimes also thought about
> that.
>
> If it is about implementing real-world high performance services in
> SEMS, DSM is more powerful and faster. Anyway, in IMS model there
> usually is AS and MRF separated, which makes even simple call flows
> quite complicated.

I use VoiceXML on Cisco AS53xx some times ago and I think that it
flexible and powerful. It allow to dynamic documents will be constructed
to announce billing information for example.

VoiceXML may be not so fast as DSM but at modern hardware VoiceXML may
be fast and production systems may use load-balancing or some others
mechs to be high performance.

RFC5552 "SIP Interface to VoiceXML Media Services" may be useful to have
it in mind when (and if :-) ) SEMS VoiceXML part will be write.

CCXML may be useful with VoiceXML too :-)

P.S. Sorry for my SEMS programming helplessness :-(

--
CU,
Victor Gamov