List:       selinux
Subject:    Illegal errno from kernel
From:       Steve G <linux_4ever () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2007-08-14 17:51:23

Hi,

In security/selinux/ss/services.c at the selinux_audit_rule_init() function is
this code:

        if (!ss_initialized)
                return -ENOTSUPP;

The audit system sends that to user space, but its a special value that is
supposed to be internal to the kernel. Should the audit system look for this
value and change it when it calls the function, or should we change this value in
the selinux code? And if we change it, what should it be? EINVAL doesn't make
sense as the syntax of what's being asked to do is correct. Should we define
something like ENOMAC?

-Steve