List:       selinux
Subject:    Re: SELinux security in the face of single bit errors
From:       Dale Amon <amon () vnl ! com>
Date:       2004-04-27 12:14:12

On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 10:56:59PM -0500, Tom Brown wrote:
> Not specifically. SEU's are more likely in space but they do occur in
> terrestrial systems. I believe SEU's can be encouraged by a solar
> radiation storm or simple heat[1]. We want to see at what rate they
> might create security problems.

Yes, and like random decays from the material in ceramic
pack IC's if I remember correctly. Interesting idea.

   Dale Amon     amon@islandone.org    +44-7802-188325
       International linux systems consultancy
     Hardware & software system design, security
    and networking, systems programming and Admin
	      "Have Laptop, Will Travel"