List:       selinux
Subject:    Re: Patch for auditing framework
From:       Rik Faith <faith () redhat ! com>
Date:       2004-02-26 16:59:49

On Wed 25 Feb 2004 15:38:06 -0500,
   Rik Faith <faith@redhat.com> wrote:
> For the brave, I have also attached a small user-space test program and
> pseudo-daemon (it logs to stdout).  No man pages, but some online help.
> E.g., you can try:
>     Window 1:
>         ./auditd
>     Window 2 (you don't have to have the daemon running to try this, but
>     enabled has to be 1):
>         ./auditctl -s
>         ./auditctl -a entry,always -S open
>         ls
>         ./auditctl -d entry,always -S open

The tarball was missing a file, so there is a new version available:
    http://people.redhat.com/faith/audit/auditd-0.2b.tar.gz

Also, to build the example program, you have to pass the location of the
patched kernel headers to configure, e.g.:

    ./configure --with-audith=/wrk/selinux/linux-2.6.3/include

Where "/wrk/selinux/linux-2.6.3/include" is the path to the audit.h
file.