List:       selinux
Subject:    Re: Backing out SeLinux on 2.4
From:       Stephen Smalley <sds () epoch ! ncsc ! mil>
Date:       2004-02-19 21:16:32

On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 15:54, Shane Wegner wrote:
> I have decided to backout an installation of SeLinux and
> using a regular 2.4 kernel, the system cannot mount the
> root device, presumably due to the presence of ACLs.
> Applying the acl patch at acl.bestbits.at does fix the
> problem.  Is there a way to remove the SeLinux ACLs such
> that the system can once again be booted on a vanilla
> kernel?  Maybe a dump/restore would work.  Anything that
> could be done without taking the system offline?

I think that the fast symlink detection fix went into vanilla 2.4.25, so
you should be able to boot a vanilla 2.4.25 kernel.  You should also be
able to boot your SELinux kernel with selinux disabled (selinux=0) and
then use something like:
	find / -exec setfattr -x security.selinux {} \;
to remove the SELinux attributes.

--
Stephen Smalley <sds@epoch.ncsc.mil>
National Security Agency