List:       selinux
Subject:    Re: question about remote login
From:       "Kerry Thompson" <kerry () crypt ! gen ! nz>
Date:       2003-12-21 22:26:30

lky said:

> Sorry,I think I didn't express my meaning clearly.I just want to stop the
> deny messages on screen but keep them in the log file such as messages.I
> set the log level via the avc_log_level= kernel boot parameter.It did stop
> the display of deny messages but disable the logging as well.Any advice?
> Thanks!
> lky

Basically:
echo "7 7 1 7" >/proc/sys/kernel/printk

from http://www.crypt.gen.nz/selinux/faq.html#L.1 :
SELinux sends a lot of messages to the system console by default. This can
be very annoying if you're busy on the console trying to solve some
important problem. The following command will direct all messages of
default priority away from the console. The default is "7 4 1 7". The
second number is the priority of default messages, setting it to 7 makes
default messages of too low a priority to be on the console.
(Credits to Russell for this)

--
Kerry Thompson, CCNA CISSP
Information Systems Security Consultant