List:       selenium-users
Subject:    [Selenium-users] verifyAlert misses Alterts raised in load event?
From:       bill.cohagan () dshs ! state ! tx ! us (Bill Cohagan)
Date:       2005-01-27 10:12:18

The verify/assertAlert tests apparently fail if an alert is fired during the
load event of a page. In our app we use Alerts for instance to confirm that
a Save operation was successful - so the user clicks Save, the request goes
to the server, the server renders the view of the saved page AND adds a
hidden field with the "save successful" message. The jscript that runs on
the load event checks for this hidden field and pops an Alert with its
contents if it is found.  We use the same approach to report (server side)
validation errors.

I'm using the Assert commands elsewhere and they appear to work fine if the
Alert is filed as part of a client side validator.

I've looked at the code and guessing the problem is that the
modifyWindowToRecordPopUpDialogs method isn't called until *after* the load
of the new page. I don't know how to fix this however.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,

 Bill

NOTE: The Texas Commission on Alcohol and Drug Abuse (TCADA) has merged with
other agencies and is now part of the new Department of State Health
Services (DSHS), resulting in the following e-mail address format change for
all employees: firstname.lastname@dshs.state.tx.us