List:       selenium-users
Subject:    [Selenium-users] waitUntilComplete
From:       mdub () dogbiscuit ! org (Mike Williams)
Date:       2005-01-26 21:12:20

Hi Darren.

> Apologies if these are already present but here is my list of 'nice to
> haves'...
>
> A "waitUntilComplete" option which waits until
> document.readyState='complete' - this would enable me to handle a button
> that causes a postback only in certain browsers without having to guess
> the time of a postback and use pause?

Currently we rely on the test-coder providing the "AndWait" hint, to flag
that the action will cause a reload.  Yes, it's annoying ... but it's tricky
to fix in a portable manner.  IE provides an "onBeforeUnload" event that we
could use to automatically instigate a "wait".  Firefox supports it too, but
it's a non-standard event, and so has no real hope of working on
Safari/Konqueror.

--
cheers, Mike