List:       selenium-users
Subject:    [Selenium-users] XPath still broken on IE
From:       mdub () dogbiscuit ! org (Mike Williams)
Date:       2005-01-24 14:40:55

Hi Bill.

As far as I know, no-one has done any work on the XPath support since the
last release, so yes, it's still broken on IE6.

> Since the "first" test fails (with an Object
> Expected error) the remaining tests simply do not run.

Interestingly, I don't get that Object Expected error, so it seems to be
breaking for you in a different way.  When I run TestLocators (IE
6.0.2800.1106, Apache2), I see the following problems:

| verifyText | //a[2] | this is the second element |

This fails, as the expression locates the third element, rather than
the second.  This off-by-one error is a known problem.

| verifyAttribute | //a[@href='#id1']/@class | a1 |

Fails, with no error.

| verifyAttribute | document.links[0]@class | a1 |

Doesn't run!

> So, if nobody else can run TestLocators using IE6/IIS5 could we please
> remove IE6 from the "supported" list?

I'd rather that we removed XPath :-)

--
cheers, Mike