List:       selenium-devel
Subject:    [Selenium-devel] The Road to Selenium 1.0
From:       levicook () gmail ! com (Levi Cook)
Date:       2005-04-08 19:16:12

Some corrections...

On Apr 8, 2005 1:49 PM, Levi Cook <levicook@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 8, 2005 1:37 PM, Patrick Lightbody <patrick@jivesoftware.com> wrote:
> >
> > environments. Except there is one problem: they don't launch a _remote_
> > browser. This is crucial for integrating in to existing build systems
> > that don't have X-Windows installed.
>
> My build box doesn't have X either. I'm getting good mileage out of
> "ssh -X foo@bar firefox http://test-server/TestRunner.html?auto=true".

My buildbox is doing a bit more silly walking than I indicated. Here's
the whole command chain..I'll show them on the command line, but cron
normally executes them.

  buildbot@buildbox ~
  $ ssh piglet "export DISPLAY=:0 && xhost +piglet && nohup firefox
--display :0" &

  buildbot@buildbox ~
  $ xon piglet 'firefox -remote "openurl(http://test-server/TestRunner.html)"'

  buildbot@buildbox ~
  $ ssh piglet "killall firefox"

piglet is a little old Linux box with X windows. buildbox is a
headless Solaris 9.x something or other. The command chain isn't much
longer from a typing point of view, but there are quite a few more
moving parts.

YMMV,
Levi