List:       security-onion
Subject:    [security-onion] Need Advice
From:       "'Justin Engbroten' via security-onion" <security-onion () googlegroups ! com>
Date:       2021-03-13 16:21:08

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

So we had  Elastic services go down after updating and they were down for
approx 19 hours. Of course, we had an incident in that time period in which
we need to search logs in Kibana. We are needing to view the user's post
and get request for a few IPs as well as pcap data if possible. I know the
logs are on the servers, I'm just not sure what the most efficient way of
obtaining this information and putting it together. I am currently viewing
bro logs and parsing out data but it's obviously taking forever and I'm
still not sure the best route to take here. Any help is greatly appreciated!

--
Please keep in mind that Security Onion 16.04 reaches End Of Life soon!
https://blog.securityonion.net/2020/10/6-month-eol-notice-for-security-onion.html