List:       security-onion
Subject:    Re: [security-onion] Question Regarding Large Downloads and Dropped Packets
From:       Wes Lambert <wlambertts () gmail ! com>
Date:       2019-05-29 12:31:32

Hi Chad,

You may be able to write a Bro script for the detection component and drop
the event accordingly, otherwise, you could just try using something like
BPF to filter it out (if you know the specifics), or ensure that you are
not trying to aggregate more traffic to the single SPAN port than the port
is rated to handle.

Thanks,
Wes

https://twitter.com/therealwlambert