List:       security-onion
Subject:    [security-onion] Master server - MYSQLD 2 instances 100% CPU Sguild 100%
From:       "'Philip Robson' via security-onion" <security-onion () googlegroups ! com>
Date:       2018-09-27 17:26:39

I have been tweaking the snort rules today, i put it back to how it was but came back \
to it later to run a sudo rule-update, it sat at running pulled-pork for a very long \
time, i cancelled it and looked at htop to see the above processes hitting the system \
hard, it has 8 cores and those 3 are consuming 100% of 3 cores.

This is the latest version with a distributed setup, kibana also shows no snort \
alerts for some time while bro is fine.

I have run sudo so-status on the sensor and master and all is green, gave the master \
a poke to see if it helped but they are back at it.

I did use sguild in the morning but closed it down, didnt have any issues after until \
the past hour or so.

I have tried opening sguild since to see if my querys were still running but it \
cannot connect on the port.

Any ideas.

Thanks
Phil