List:       security-onion
Subject:    [security-onion] Re: Security Onion Traffic Log ?
From:       Wes <wlambertts () gmail ! com>
Date:       2017-04-28 15:20:59

On Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 4:38:21 PM UTC-6, Ibrahim Lubis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know SO can get alert from ids and have Full packet capture  of a network, my \
> question since SO have full packet capture, does SO gather network traffic like \
> full knowledge of top source ip and destination ? how many Bytes that ip tranfered \
> through network ? top http ip source ? or maybe application ? does this using bro ? \
>  Thx

Ibrahim,

Aside from full packet capture, Security Onion provides a wealth of data (alert data, \
session data, extracted content, transaction data, statistical data) as you \
mentioned, via a variety of logs (including Bro logs), tools, etc. ELSA is a tool \
included with Security Onion that ties much of this together and presents it in an \
easily digestible format, including information regarding top src/dst IP, bytes \
in/out, software, services, and MUCH more.

See the following for more information:

https://github.com/Security-Onion-Solutions/security-onion/wiki/IntroductionToSecurityOnion
 https://github.com/Security-Onion-Solutions/security-onion/wiki/ELSA
https://github.com/Security-Onion-Solutions/security-onion/wiki/Bro