List:       security-onion
Subject:    Re: [security-onion] Sguil unable to find matching rule
From:       Doug Burks <doug.burks () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-02-26 12:28:16

Hi MadMorb,

Yes, if you have alerts that were generated by the ET rules but you've
since removed the ET rules from your ruleset, then sguild will not be
able to locate the rule in /etc/nsm/rules/downloaded.rules and will
display "unable to find matching rule".

In the future, please start a new thread instead of replying to old ones.

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 2:55 PM, MadMorb <rjmfphotography@gmail.com> wrote:
> Similar problem, "unable to find matching rule".  I show the following:
>
> drwxrwxr-x 3 sguil sguil 4.0K Feb 24 17:35 .
> drwxrwxr-x 5 sguil sguil 4.0K Feb 24 17:35 ..
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root  root    14 Feb 24 17:35 default -> /etc/nsm/rules
> drwxr-xr-x 2 root  root  4.0K Feb 24 17:35 NULL
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root  root    14 Feb 24 17:35 SMTRTEST-eth0 -> /etc/nsm/rules
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root  root    14 Feb 24 17:35 SMTRTEST-eth0-1 -> /etc/nsm/rules
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root  root    14 Feb 24 17:35 SMTRTEST-eth0-2 -> /etc/nsm/rules
>
> Running sub-rules, previously running sub, reg, and ET.  Removed ET...any chance \
> that's the issue here?
> --

Doug Burks