List:       security-onion
Subject:    Re: [security-onion] What is sguil RealTime Query?
From:       Jeremy Hoel <jthoel () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-03-29 16:14:41

Real Time events are events that come in and have not been catagorized
yet.  One you categorize an alert, it leaves the real-time window.

There is an option somewhere to make it NOT group events, but I don't
use it.  Grouping (to me) helps reduce clutter, and it's pretty smart
about what it groups together.

From the nsmwiki:
------------
Correlated Events

Events that have the same src IP and signature/message are correlated
under the same event in the appropriate RT pane. Each time an event is
"correlated" the CNT field is incremented by one. To view all the
correlated events, select the event->right click on the CNT
column->View Correlated Events. The shortcut for this info is to
middle click on the CNT column of a selected event.
Generating Transcripts, loading data into Wireshark: Make sure
Wireshark is installed on the client system. Select an alert, right
click on the sid.cid column. Select Transcript or Wireshark. Middle
clicking on the sid.cid column of a highlighted event will also
request a transcript.