List:       security-basics
Subject:    Re: Windows Remote Desktop - any known vulnerabilities?
From:       Mitch Brandt <systems () tanelorn ! info>
Date:       2010-12-02 21:11:37

Sorry if this is a repeat but I got a bounce message from when I sent
it previously.  Since this topic is still breathing I thought I would
try again.

There are 2 big issues-

1)  RDP is not encrypted;
2)  You opened a port in your firewall for a well known service.  You
can change which port rdp listens on or have your router redirect one
port to another as it forwards.

I know some people use rdp only with a vpn which eliminates the above issues.

Mitch