List:       security-basics
Subject:    USB Vulnerabilities Exploited
From:       Phil Derbyshire <phil.derbyshire () pdmd ! co ! uk>
Date:       2010-01-07 9:13:48

Hi all,

This may be old news to some of you, but thought i'd pass on the link
anyway as I don't recollect seeing anything sent out:

https://www.ironkey.com/usb-flash-drive-flaw-exposed

It details the vulnerabilities, how to hack these devices and have been
published by German security firm SySS. The affected devices include:

SanDisk CruzerŽ Enterprise FIPS Edition with McAfee USB flash drive,
CZ46 - 1GB,

SanDisk CruzerŽ Enterprise FIPS Edition USB flash drive, CZ32 - 1GB,
2GB, 4GB, 8GB

SanDisk CruzerŽ Enterprise with McAfee USB flash drive, CZ38 - 1GB, 2GB,
4GB, 8GB

SanDisk CruzerŽ Enterprise USB flash drive, CZ22 - 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB

Kingston DataTraveler BlackBox (DTBB)

Kingston DataTraveler Secure ? Privacy Edition (DTSP)

Kingston DataTraveler Elite ? Privacy Edition (DTEP)

Verbatim Corporate Secure FIPS Edition USB Flash Drives 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB

Verbatim Corporate Secure USB Flash Drive 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB

Cheers

Phil

- --

Phil Derbyshire CLAS B.Sc. (Hons)
Director
PDMD Consulting
tel: 07866 728 182
LinkedIn:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/philip-derbyshire/a/81b/6b6
CESG:
http://www.cesg.gov.uk/find_a/clas/index.cfm?menuSelected=11&displayPage=1111&CLASid=6235

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL \
certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your \
customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, \
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, \
best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing \
management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1