List:       security-basics
Subject:    RE: failure notice
From:       Secure Net <secure.net () live ! ca>
Date:       2009-09-30 21:09:47

Hi,

I'm working in a large enterprise that will look next year for an "enterprise class \
solution" that can handle all the life cycle of USB key that use encryption.
But now, we have to find a quick win solution that we can put in production shortly \
with a limited budget.
I personally used Truecrypt for several years but here the reason why I don’t want to \
use it for an enterprise solution:
1-If the user lost the password of his USB key, you are dead
2-If the user go on a computer that don't already have Truecrypt installed, you need \
administrative privilege
I did some search and I tried FreeOTFE (http://www.freeotfe.org/)

It does what I wanted to:
1-Technical Support will be able to create a backup key before giving the USB key to \
the user. So they will be able to recover the data if the user lost his password. \
2-There is a utility called FreeOTFE Explorer that can open the encrypted volume on \
the USB Key in the case you don't have administrative privilege on the computer. The \
app is not very quick but it seems to do the job.
My question is: Did someone had any bad experience with this app? If yes, did you \
find a better one that did the things I mentioned before and was working fine?
Thanks

JEP
Créez un personnage à votre image pour votre WL Messenger
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9656622
Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL \
certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your \
customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, \
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, \
best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing \
management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1