List:       security-basics
Subject:    Re: Botmasters/Victims and DMCA
From:       Viva Colombia <vivacolombia2005 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-09-22 18:06:43

Shailesh, just to make one thing clear: prosecuted under criminal law,
tried under civil law; prosecuted for having commited a crime, tried
for causing damage or harm to a third party.

Although it would indeed be funny to find a botmaster that would aim
at being eligible for DMCA's safe harbor provisions, it still is an
interesting starting point for further legal analyses.

And my paper is being at first drafted in Spanish, hopefuly I'll have
the time to translate it and send it over in English...

Carlos Alvarez