List:       security-basics
Subject:    Re: MSIA School comparison
From:       elizabethtolson () gmail ! com
Date:       2008-11-14 16:02:53

I am attending Capitol College for my MSIA.  I have four more classes before \
completion.

I like the fact that you do not have to take the GSE Entrance Exam before going to \
school.  The classes are limited to 25 students.  I am taking it on-line and can tell \
you that I work extremely hard.

I have my Bachelors Degree in Social Work and VERY little Information Assurance \
Experience.  The teachers are VERY good and are willing to work with you after class, \
etc.  My Computer Forensics and Malicious Software Professors actually offered to set \
up a time for a telephone conference from his home if I needed additional help.

ALL of the classes are computer-related.  I looked at East Carolina University and \
their Core Classes were classes like Statistics, Management, etc.  No computer \
related courses until you reach your curriculum level.

I will graduate in May and HOPEFULLY will get out of the Field of being a Social \
Worker for the Terminally Ill.

Capitol is planning on having a PhD program for Information Assurance.

Elizabeth