List:       security-basics
Subject:    Re:Re: Call for papers
From:       Christian Theilmann <christian_theilmann () yahoo ! de>
Date:       2008-02-29 13:59:56

> On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 12:04 PM, Christian Theilmann
> <christian_theilmann@yahoo.de> wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > together with some others I'm currently building a security website and we need \
> > to fill the "Papers" section. We think about a section which features papers from \
> > the early 1980's to present, so feel free to submit old papers, too. These \
> > information must be provided:
> > Name of the paper, Author, Release date (you just have to know the year), the \
> > file itself and the category.
> > Following categories exist:
> >
> > Hacking,Phreaking, Faking, Coding, Technical Docs (reverse engineering, too)and \
> > Miscellanous (should fit in the security theme though, nothingabout your cat \
> > please ;-)).
> > I hope to recieve a bunch o' files ;D
> >
> > ~Christian
> >

> > P..S: The reason not to look for papers myself is, some sites allow to download \
> > and republish, some don't, I dont want to piss people right from the start.
> >

> > Lesen Sie Ihre E-Mails auf dem Handy.
> > www.yahoo.de/go
> >

> What website will this be for?
>

> --
> Mark Owen

I just decided to seperate the section to its own site, current workingtitle is \
"greyLIB". It is in a very early development stage, some papers have been uploaded \
for design considerations. The "By Theme"-menu works, the "By Year"-menu has yet to \
be implemented. The (pre-alpha) site can be reached via \
http://greylib.sugarshocked.info/

The themes are very roughly defined by the categories I mentioned in an earlier \
email, currently I'm not planning to categorize the categories any further (e.g. \
Passwordhacking in Hacking etc.) but this might happen when I have enough papers to \
fill new categories. The miscellanous category will contain stuff related to the \
scene which doesn't fit in any of the other categories (e.g. common myths about \
hackers, fun stuff etc.).

~Christian

      Jetzt Mails schnell in einem Vorschaufenster überfliegen. Dies und viel mehr \
bietet das neue Yahoo! Mail - www.yahoo.de/mail