List:       security-basics
Subject:    Re: RE: ISO 27001 mapping to PCI
From:       "W. Lee Schexnaider" <l.schex () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-02-27 22:24:19

evilwon12 said:

> I will conclude by stating that I have yet to see any two standards (SOX, PCI, \
> HIPPA, etc...) where there is a direct 1-1 mapping of policies/procedures.  There \
> has always something that was applicable *only* to those machines that were defined \
> as being in the scope of the standard.

Yes, this is correct.  One part of the work I do is attach a text
"extension' to a link between the section of a standard and the common
control statement.  The control statements tend to be written at a
high level. The extension is where we put details about the control in
the standard. But the linking to a common control set helps to produce
a cross-standard view of compliance for an organization.

Lee