List:       security-basics
Subject:    Re: Two questions
From:       "Michael Condon" <mjc001 () juno ! com>
Date:       2008-02-23 17:56:24

That's why I'm on the mailing list - to get these kinds of issues answered.
Yes, I'm aware of restrictions in various jurisdictions. I have that work to
take care of as well, and to complicate issues, I am in a tri-state area:
Illinois/Wisconsin/Iowa.
I also need to find out if you just need certification, or just need to be a
licensed PI, or both, in each of the three states.
And what certification, if not CHFI, is recognized as sufficiently valid to
perform this kind of investigation (perhaps CISSP/ISC2)?
I've had to do internal sort of forensic work of this sort and more for
former employers - it resulted in reprimand or at times termination.
Michael Condon