List:       security-basics
Subject:    RE: IDSs/IPSs and general monitoring with SNMP support built in
From:       "Andy Cuff" <lists () securitywizardry ! com>
Date:       2007-06-26 7:42:06

Most of the commercial offerings will do this.  However, a decision you have
to make is do you want the traps to be sent from the agent or the manager,
there are advantages to both.

I would suggest that you look at the Security Information Managers SIM
products and see what IDS and IPS they are compatible with.  Some do have
bespoke API's though most rely on input via SNMP.  Use their compatible
products list to narrow down your selection

Regards
Andy Cuff
Computer Network Defence Ltd
www.SecurityWizardry.com