List:       security-basics
Subject:    Re: Analysing Windows Syslogs
From:       "Ken Pedigo" <kpedigo () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-07-31 22:28:01

Here is a document from Microsoft that you might find what you are looking for.
http://www.rippletech.com/PDF/New/SOX/Auditing%20Best%20Practices.pdf

Microsoft also has a tool that you can pull events from multiple computers.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/topics/auditingandmonitoring/securitymonitoring/smpgch02.mspx

Ken