List:       security-basics
Subject:    DNS poisoning
From:       Shiva Palancha <shivapalancha () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-05-31 15:42:24

In the past few days we had issues with laptops users who connect to
our corp network through VPN. Basically, the laptop was setting itself
as the proxy server and updating dns record for our internal proxy
server and all the internet traffic from our internal network was sent
to the vpn laptop.

We fixed the issue for now but can you guys please let me kow if there
is a worm/virus which works in this fashion??? we scanned the laptops
for virus but din't find anything. Any inputs/help will be greatly
appreciated.

regards,

Shiva Palancha