List:       security-basics
Subject:    about http method
From:       "Monty Ree" <chulmin2 () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2005-05-31 2:34:53

Hello, all.

Some documents say to limit some method at apache server to improve
security.

So I have some questions about HTTP method.

1. first question

When I using CONNECT method, the apache result was different.
(config is alike, version is 1.3.26 alike)

Some apache :
Allow: GET, HEAD, OPTIONS, TRACE

but some apache like below.
Allow: GET, HEAD, POST, PUT, DELETE, CONNECT, OPTIONS, PATCH, PROPFIND,
PROPPATCH, MKCOL, COPY, MOVE, LOCK, UNLOCK, TRACE

== Why the result is not same?

2. and additional quesiton.

I allowed GET,POST,OPTIONS like below, but apache says that TRACE method is
allowed too.
What's the relations between OPTIONS and TRACE?

<LimitExcept GET POST OPTIONS>
   Order allow,deny
   deny from all
</LimitExcept>