List:       security-basics
Subject:    Re: DOS Attack Follow Up
From:       "Times Enemy" <times () krr ! org>
Date:       2004-11-29 22:11:24

Greetings.

Others may have mentioned, but you may want to change any WEP/WPA keys,
assuming this is not automagically/already done.

Wireless encryption may be cracked if enough packets are captured and
analyzed.  RST packets may drop a connection.  If the target drops, it may
then automatically attempt to reconnect, generating more packets.  For the
attacker, this is a nice utilization of, what is hopefully, a single RST
packet.  Flooding RST's is rather obtuse, and/or obvious, but capable.  On
a highly populated AP, large AP node, RST's are more effective.

As a "preventative" measure, i suggest physically locating the source of
the broadcast(s) ....  ;)

ciao
.times enemy