List:       security-basics
Subject:    RE: Digital Evidence Question - What is an effective Windows hard
From:       "Robinson, Sonja" <SRobinson () HIPUSA ! com>
Date:       2003-06-30 13:04:12

I agree with you 100%.  As far as I know, it would be very expensive to
recover the data.  But because I deal with PHI, I have to be 100% certain.
Since I can't know 100% of the s/w tools available I don't want to say that
no s/w can retrieve or that there isn't another way to retrieve, especially
for the normal person.

I wouldn't be surprised if we knew a lot of the same people - it was a
pretty small field a few years ago and still is.  :)

Sonja Robinson, CISA
Network Security Analyst
HIP Health Plans
Office:  212-806-4125