List:       security-basics
Subject:    Re: Check for Confidential Content
From:       Georg Graf <georg.graf () wu-wien ! ac ! at>
Date:       2003-06-29 19:22:27

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 05:51:35PM -0300, you wrote:

> Hi there
>
> Does anyone knows if exist a tool that allows search multiple strings in
> multiple files at once?
> I need to check the public area of my network to see if any confidential or
> inapropriate file was posted there. I have a hundred of phrases and
> thousands of files to check.

# find /path -type f | xargs egrep -l -f patternfile

will reveal a list of "infected" files.

hth,
  George
--
Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration
Center for Computer Services

Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts!
The Gartner Group just put Neoteris in the top of its Magic Quadrant,
while InStat has confirmed Neoteris as the leader in marketshare.

Find out why, and see how you can get plug-n-play secure remote access in
about an hour, with no client, server changes, or ongoing maintenance.

Visit us at: http://www.neoteris.com/promos/sf-6-9.htm