List:       security-basics
Subject:    Re: Re: Risk Analysis and Common Criteria
From:       "yannick san" <yannicksan () free ! fr>
Date:       2003-04-24 14:00:45

Sorry, I didn't really finished what I should have said and thank you Mr
Anders for responding.
You're right, mailling security interviews in plain text could be considered
as a security failure in the process of doing it. In the best security
pratices, the mails should be encrypted but this requires to think about
what kind of cryptographie we should use because we will have to exchange
(at less) keys. Public keys or a secret one used by every engineers
concerned... depends if we use symetric or assymetric cryptographie...
I was not talking about sending mails over the net, but for sure that could
have been interpreted like that. Here we should really think about how
echanging the interviews and results. When I answered to Ness, I was
thinking about doing that echanges in the "trusted" zone... Anyway, you're
right, cryptographie should be applied in both case... but considering the
problem of using cryptographie, I think that should be asked during a
companie brefing. Just because, we're not only installing somethings for
avoiding information to be send in plain text but real mecanisms are going
to be installed. The mecanisms chosen will be refered in the security policy
of the companie. As I'm concerned I think this problem is a full subject of
study.
About BS or CC... yes one will not replace the other.

Yannick
Information Security Engineer