List:       security-basics
Subject:    Re: FW: Something new?
From:       "crawford charles" <biv0uac17 () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2003-04-23 15:22:42

Sounds like you want the workstations to be connected through switches which
"participate" in the authentication process, to the extent that the switch
won't allow
the workstation to connect to anything (other than the authentication
device)
until authentication is complete...

I think Cisco has something along those lines, as do some others.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps646/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008007f395.html

viz:
    http://www.toplayer.com/content/products/others/secure_edge.jsp

C.

Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the
world's premier event for IT and network security experts.  The two-day
Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals.
The two-day Briefings on May 14-15 features 24 top speakers with no vendor
sales pitches.  Deadline for the best rates is April 25.  Register today to
ensure your place.  http://www.securityfocus.com/BlackHat-security-basics