List:       security-basics
Subject:    Re: Network Address Translation insecurities
From:       "Chris Berry" <compjma () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2002-09-27 16:49:14

Its still implemented in the TCP/IP stack, unless you have a high powered
router like a cisco and manually disable it, it still works.  While it would
be helpful it they knew what you had, most will just scan likely address
blocks and hope for a return.  If you have a firewall, I personally
recommend what I call a christmas tree filter.  Drop all packets with any
TCP/IP option flag set, none of them are used in production environments.
(at least nowhere I've worked at)