List:       security-basics
Subject:    old winpopup bug  (aka rfparalyze)
From:       Akeru Ikena <akeru () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-08-27 20:15:43

Dear readers,

while doing a nessus scan of my lan, I found a computer running windows 98
was still vulnerable to the years old winpopup bug which was dislosed by
www.el8.org under the rfparalyze name, I immediatly checked the MS update web
site and did not found any missing crtical or recommended patch.
Nessus told me to contact Microsoft for a patch bu since I dont have the
Microsoft reference for this bug and did no found anything in this mailing
list archive, I'm asking you some idea to fixe this issue.
(please excuse my english)

Thanks alot,
Akeru