List:       security-basics
Subject:    Browser vs forms re-direction
From:       "Marty" <marti () videotron ! ca>
Date:       2002-04-30 10:47:09

One of my clients informed me that he had a problem with his browser
(I.E. 6) re-directing him to 3X sites when he completed a form for
information purpose on a <normal> site. Could some kind of script affect
the re-direction within his browser? Is it linked to the ISP? The form
was a normal information/question form, probably using formmail. Maybe
somebody browsed on his PC (not HIM of course) to a triple X site and
something was <installed> without his knowledge. Unfortunatly I don't
have a way of duplicating the problem.

Has anybody seen this before?

What is the cure?

Thanks!