List:       security-basics
Subject:    Re: Honeypot Software
From:       "Julien Perez" <j.perez () kheos ! net>
Date:       2002-04-30 10:23:20

Hello,
Take a look at this: http://www.citi.umich.edu/u/provos/honeyd/

Best regards,

    Julien Perez - Kheos Networks
    j.perez@kheos.net - www.kheos.net

----- Original Message -----
From: <Marko.Muncan@arxes.de>
To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2002 8:53
Subject: Honeypot Software

Yesterday I tried to set up a honeypot on my Mandrake 8.2 box and it didn´t
worked out. Mandrake uses xinetd and the document from dtk (deception
toolkit http://www.all.net/dtk/) is about inetd. Now it tried to manually
set up the services and ports for it and didn´t came through. First
question: Which honeypot software are you using / Which u find best? Second
question: Is there a setup guide for dtk with xinetd and/or an explanation
to add services and ports manually to xinetd? (btw: i looked on
www.xinetd.org and also tried using chkconfig and achieved nothing) Any
help on that Topic would be greatly appreciated!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Marko Muncan
arxes Network Communication Consulting AG

Schanzenstraße 36
Gebäude 197
D-51063 Köln

Telefon:  +49 (0) 221 96486 - 268
Telefax:  +49 (0) 221 96486 -
WEB:      http://www.arxes.de
MailTo:   Marko.Muncan@arxes.de

Informieren Sie sich über unsere Veranstaltungen zu den aktuellen IT-Themen
unter
http://www.arxes.de/de/events/index.html