List:       secure-shell
Subject:    Expired passwords not working in OpenSSH server on Irix
From:       "Len F. Zaifman" <leonardz () bioinfo ! sickkids ! on ! ca>
Date:       2001-05-29 18:44:52

On an SGI Irix server running Irix 6.5.11/12 I cannot get the expired
password field (using shadow passwords) to work for:

OpenSSH 2.5.2p2 or 2.9p1

I can log in directly without being prompted to change the password.

For sshd 1.2.31 , I get the correct behaviour ( that is I get prompted
to change the password, then kicked out and must log in with the new
password).

We would like this to work on Irix, for openssh. I have looked at the
snail book (SSH: TDG) but I cannot see where to go from here. Is this
not possible on Irix?