List:       secure-shell
Subject:    SUMMARY: sh: scp: not found
From:       "Jon Ingason" <Jon.Ingason () globalone ! net>
Date:       2001-02-27 8:30:51

I will thanks all that responded and also admit I should have
read the installation file more carefully.

There are three ways to deal with this problem (as you can read
from previous mail):

1. You use the option --with-default-path=PATH when you run
   configure.

2. You can put the PATH variable in your ~/.ssh/environment.

3. You just make a symolic link from where scp is placed to
   /usr/bin/scp.

Jon Ingason

Jon Ingason wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have problem with scp. I get "sh: scp: not found" when I try to
> use scp in some circumstance. I have this problem with version
> 2.3.0p1 and 2.5.1p1 with OpenSSL version 0.9.6 on Solaris 8.
> I have Linux with RH 6.2 and OpenSSH 2.3.0p1 and OpenSSL 0.9.6
> which works OK. What I am doing when this problem occurs is
> following:
>
> On Solaris 8 to Linux RH 6.2:
>
> scp linux-host:file .
> user@linux-host's password:
> file    100%|*************************| 13 00:00
>
> On Linux RH 6.2 to Solaris 8:
>
> scp solaris-host1:file .
> user@solaris-host1's password:
> sh: scp: not found
>
> On Solaris 8 to Solaris 8:
>
> scp solaris-host1:file .
> user@solaris-host1's password:
> sh: scp: not found
>
> I try to search the archive, but did not find anything.
>
> Another problem are the manpage in Solaris 8 for OpenSSH
> and OpenSSL. They are just unformated text mass when you
> try to read then with man command.
>
> Regards
> Jon Ingason
["Jon.Ingason.vcf" (text/x-vcard)]